Running a website is a costly undertaking. Sure when you are starting a website you can do it for almost nothing, but as it grows so do the costs. Just a few of these are:
- Domain names
- Private web hosting server (for speed under volume of traffic and security)
- Computer hardware and software
- Anti-Spam Service
- Cameras and gear
- Newsletter Service
- And more
In order to help offset these costs Swivel Chair Millionaire accepts advertising and enters into affiliate relationships and partnerships with various entities.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising requires that I be transparent and clearly disclose those relationships on this page.
Products and Reviews:
1) Media Events – on very, very rare occasions I am invited to media events that aren’t available to the general public. It is not uncommon for media attendees to receive various perks and benefits (for free) at these events that are unavailable (or available at a cost) to the general public. In the resulting website material if the fact that I attended a Media Event is pertinent I will disclose this fact.
2) Product Reviews – Very occasionally I will receive review copies of products, usually books or ebooks. I will disclose in the resulting review that the product was provided for free. At other times I’ll purchase the product myself for review, no mention will be made of who purchased the product if this is the case. At various times I may review other items or experiences on the site, if the product, service, or experience was provided to me free of charge or at a special discount, I will disclose such in the text of the article. You should always assume at all times that I have obtained any discount available to the general public.
3) Media Rates – Hotels and other travel destinations and experiences sometimes offer discounts to bloggers; I almost never receive these discounts. However I do occasionally receive a complimentary meal and even more rarely a room upgrade courtesy of partners. I will disclose this fact in any resulting articles or posts which are derived from said comps.
I am under no obligation to partners whatsoever to report favorably on any complimentary or discounted item or experience provided to me. All resulting thoughts and reviews are my own.
Ads: I currently run three types of ads: static banner ads, dynamic banner ads, and text ads.
- Static Ads are image ads which companies pay me to place on my site.
- Dynamic Ads are provided by advertising networks like Google AdSense and Media.net. These advertising networks and others deliver ads to the vast majority of websites on the internet. I do not have control over what ads are delivered through these networks, but you do. They deliver these ads based upon your known preferences and browsing history.
- Text ads are text links within a line of text or paragraph, which I’ve been paid to place there, such as one by SellMyTimeshareNow.com. I will not link to anything that I would not or do not use myself!
Affiliate Programs: All shopping links on Swivel Chair Millionaire are referral links, which track the source of the purchase back to this website through an affiliate program. When you click on one of those links and buy something I receive a very small commission from the linked site for referring you. I only link to products and services that I personally use and recommend. So if you have a purchase to make, please use these links! They don’t affect the price of anything you buy. The only thing they do is help me keep operating the site. My current Affiliate Programs are: