Welcome to my monthly Income Report.
Each month not only will I look at the numbers, but I’ll talk about what’s going on that might have impacted those numbers. Plus what I’m thinking moving forward.
The numbers bellow are the money received, not earned for the month. Some of the income generated each month pays weekly, some the following month, some 2 months later, some are quarterly, and a few only pay once they reach the payout amount, so it is much easier to report on “Deposits.”
When I started blogging, I did so solely with the intent to share knowledge. I had no idea that I would be making the amount of money that I am now!
Please note, that since I’ve just started Swivel Chair Millionaire I’m not making any income from it yet. All of the income reported below is from my Niche Sites (mostly military theme park info sites) of which I currently have 1 major, 5 minor, and 2 book sales funnel sites.
2016 Year In Review
Before I move on to the December details, let’s take a look at how I did overall in 2016.
This was my best year so far! Total income increased 30 percent over last year.
Gross Income – $56,199.23 (Up 30%)
Expenses – $9,660.94 (Down 35% from 2015, due to a computer purchase in 2015)
Net Income – $46,538.29 (Up 63%)
Here are the category breakouts for income and expenses in 2016
- Google Ads – $20,761.07
- Other Display Ads – $16,739.33
- Affiliates – $11,463.32
- PDF Sales -$2,483.86
- Kindle Sales – $1,604.19
- Amazon Print Sales – $1,342.74
- Ammazon Referrals – $742.04
- CPA Ads – $490.35
- Text Ads – $400.00
- Content Creation For Third Party – $116.33
- Misc – $56.00
- Travel – $3,252.71
- Hosting, Dreamhost – $2,063.00
- Newsletter Service, Aweber – $1,788.00
- Adobe Creative Suite – $599.88
- Theme Park Tickets – $406.58
- Credit Card Processing – $363.83
- Domain Names, Dreamhost – $341.57
- Social Sharing Service, Meet Edgar – $245.00
- ISBN Number – $125.00
- Software/Widgets – $110.00
- Training – $87.37
- PO Box/Postal – $85.35
- Aksmt Anti-SPAM – $60.00
- Book Refunds – $59.98
- iStock Photo – $33.00
- Print Book Proofs – $24.83
- Research Material – $11.84
- Advertising – $3.00
During 2016 I made the effort to diversify my income more, in order to not be so dependent on Google Adsense. I did this in the following ways:
- I started working with more display ad networks
- I mad an effort to plus up my income from Affiliates
- I launched my first full length book and expanded distribution to Amazon print/Kindle instead of just selling pdf versions on my sites as I did for my previous shorter book
Here is how I did on shifting away from Google:
Note: SME is (Subject Matter Expert) Pay for the Content Creation for a Third Party Site.
Ok, lets’ move on to how things went in December.
December 2016 Income Report
Niche Site Income – $4,079.14
- Display Advertising – $2,998.52
- Google – $1651.72
- sovrn – $1206.52
- Media.net – $140.28
- Book Sales – $596.24
- Print – $182.12
- Kindle – $296.68
- Direct PDF Sales – $117.94
- Affiliate Earnings – $284.71
- Amazon Referrals – $129.68
- Direct Ad Sales – $50.00
Expenses – $544.59
- Web Services – Hosting, Storage, and Domain Names – 291.60
- Dreamhost Hosting – $169.00
- Domain Names – $122.60
- Web Services – Subscriptions – $253.98
- Aweber – $149.00
- Meet Edgar – $49.00
- Adobe Creative Suite – $49.99
- Aksmmt – $5.00
Profit – $3534.55
While many websites make big revenue on display advertising in the 4th quarter of the year, travel sites in my experience see a slump until Christmas day when things start rebounding quickly. Many people start to plan their next year’s vacations while they are off for Christmas and all through January.
So looking for advertising numbers to be up for next month.
If you’d like to start on your way to making money like this from part time work be sure to Read How to Start Blogging Now In 4 Easy Steps!